Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Audible 
Passerby

Post Audible
Hi, I have many audiobooks in MP3 format and from Audible. When I add books by title, it only pulls the info from say, Amazon, where they are all paperbacks. I have to go through and change all the books one at a time to be Audible or MP3 books, which I want to keep separate, and have added those types to my "Cover Format" list. First, this is a hassle. Is there a better way of doing it? Second, the change does not stick on the first try.

When I click on a book on the left panel, the book comes up and I choose Edit Info
In the Editions panel, I click the minus sign to get rid of the paperback info, size, pages, etc, which clears pretty much that whole panel of data
I click on my customized "Audiobook Audible" in the Cover Format drop down
Click Save

The area where Cover (Format) Audiobook Audible shoudl be is not there. It is missing. i have to go in a second time as above, and click the format drop down again, and choose Audiobook Audible. There has to be a better way.

Thank you,
Gina

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:45 pm
Passerby

Post Re: Audible
A couple of other issues for audiobooks...

Could there be a script for Audible or could you include audiobook info for books? I have to manually add how long in hours the audiobooks are in too :( And the narrators.

And, many audiobooks are segmented, into Part 1, Part 2, etc. Some audiobook titles are busted into as many as 12 seperate files. How do I deal with that when I scan my directories for the MP3 audiobooks I actually do store on my computer? Because the scan comes up with 6 files that are named the same. Do I remove all but one file? And how does the book info get corrected for that?

I'm confused :( lol

Just thinking out loud for us audiobook lovers :)
Gina

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]