Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
v5.1 Locks if 5+ ISBNs are scanned... HELP!?!? 
Passerby

Post v5.1 Locks if 5+ ISBNs are scanned... HELP!?!?
First of all, I love this product!

That said, I'm not having luck scanning more ISBNs that just a couple. If I scan more than about 5, it locks up immediately when I click NEXT. I have to close it out and restart it and rescan all the same books again. Bug. Any ideas? I've scanned 20 or 30 at a time and it locks up tight as a drum. I even left it overnight to see if it would resolve, but no worky. Please help!

I've also had a hard time getting my Logitech WebCam Pro 9000 to start when I click BEGIN. Any ideas there?

Thanks for your help! This is a great product, although I do have a few ideas I'd like to get implemented. I'll send those thoughts in another email.

Eric

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 am
Developer

Post Re: v5.1 Locks if 5+ ISBNs are scanned... HELP!?!?
Could you please describe the problem in more detail? How exactly do you add ISBNs (do you open the batch window or just add them to the main Add book dialog)? Do you download information about books, if yes, which script do you use?

We've just tried to add 10 titles by ISBN, seems to work flawlessly.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:53 am
Passerby

Sure. Here are the steps I take to duplicate the problem:

1. I click the Add book button on the toolbar at the top. (On subsequent tries, I also click the down arrow on the Add book button and select the Add by Barcode/ISBN there also with same result.)
2. I click the By barcode/ISBN radio button.
3. I make sure my Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 is selected in the Camera dropdown at the right, and click the Barcode/ISBN text entry box so the cursor is in there.
4. I click Begin at the right to start the camera recording.
5. I scan my first book and it brings up the book cover and info.
6. I repeat Step 5 a couple more times.
7. I click NEXT down at the bottom right.
8. The dialog dismisses and jumps to the dialog with the flying document to show it's downloading info.
9. After 1 or 2 books, the flying document stops "mid-air" and nothing happens. I cannot Cancel out or anything. I even left it in that state overnight without trying to stop it to see if it would continue. No worky.
10. I had to go into Task Manager and END TASK there to stop it.
11. Restart Booknizer and repeat all steps above for the same result, (using different scans/books).

All three scripts are checked by the Amazon script is at the top of the list. Does that mean it's priority 1 and looks there first? If not found there, it will look in fantasticfiction and then goodreads?

Are you the developer of the software? You've done a great job!
Please let me know if you need more info. I will try to record a quick screen movie tomorrow to send and show you.
Thanks for your help!

Eric

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:32 am
Developer

Thank you for the details. Could you please also provide the ISBNs that you add? You can post them here or send to our support.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]