Which user interface program do you use ?

Your experience with Movienizer, questions, remarks.

Which user interface program do you use ?

original_program.pas
6%
modern_program.pas
46%
maxez_program.pas
7%
JeF_program.pas
32%
tv-use_program.pas
No votes
Another one
9%

Total votes: 69

maikhorma
Passerby

Re: Which user interface program do you use ?

Post by maikhorma » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:48 am

I use the JeF_program. I have limited experience using movienizer, but as a programmer I think the JeF UI does a great service to movienizer. I believe that UI in general is underrated by programmers. Of course you need a good program to be useful, but to be honest the majority of users are petty and stupid. People will flat out (even if they don't admit it) not use a program because it doesn't look pretty. Not that I find anything functionally wrong with the other built in options, the JeF UI, designed by what I can tell is evgeny.dmitriev, puts some very nice finishing touches on the presentation of the data. The first time I saw movienizer was with the original UI, and I believe that the JeF UI helps move movienizer from a program that "looks like freeware" to something that "looks like something you would pay for".

Sounds like I'm praising JeF, but a lot of the credit goes to whoever made the decision to make the UI a script plugin (for all I know it was JeF).
Last edited by Vlad on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address to avoid misusing by spam bots

BigFeat
Extra

Post by BigFeat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Maxez - I like the shaded grid and the awards listing for movies. I have over 300 movies in my database and I probably remember 10% of the stuff there. I downloaded trailer clips and I usually use the IMDB rating and award nominations to know which ones to select during movie night.

estate
Star

Post by estate » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

since v 3 I reverted back to the modern interface because I personnaly find Jeff's interface to incomplete for this, it has a lot of gadgets true but personnaly I find Jeff has overdone it this time :)

No joke though, if Jeff could tighty up things a bit more and really add all features for v 3. it would be a good thing to do.

Just my 10 cents, no offence ment to anyone of you guys.

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:40 pm

estate wrote:since v 3 I reverted back to the modern interface because I personnaly find Jeff's interface to incomplete for this, it has a lot of gadgets true but personnaly I find Jeff has overdone it this time :)

No joke though, if Jeff could tighty up things a bit more and really add all features for v 3. it would be a good thing to do.

Just my 10 cents, no offence ment to anyone of you guys.
v19 is in progress since start of 2010 but not much time to spend on it these weeks... Please be patient, v19 will come... asap...
;)
JeF

P_Jamula
Supporting actor

Post by P_Jamula » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:50 am

i use Jef's Interface.... i find it the best and with the most flexibility.... just need to get the date of birth of the persons fixed and it would be near perfect..... :D
PJ

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:28 am

Sorry, adding modern_program.pas choice has reset poll. Please vote again.
JeF

estate
Star

Post by estate » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 am

I have tested the latest JeFF interface and I personnally find it a bit too fuzzy.

All info is presented nicely but it's too much to be neat and clearly.

you could for example shorten the picture listings and make a "more..." link to see all pictures.

Tighty up the screen a little and try to not overfill the user with all data and colorfull pictures in the first page.

just my two nickles :P

estate
Star

Post by estate » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 pm

I am currently trying and testing Jef's script with the scroll theme and I must say it's a lot easier on the eyes and looks great, as Jef is still finishing his latest version v21 for the programm script i expect it to be a lot better than what i've seen right now, lots of small stuff is improved and the theme really hits the bullseye for me.

Try it too, I can recommend it.

flintburt
Extra

Post by flintburt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Using jeff interface for movies,but like see number of movies in collection of maxed in actors, for complete filmography.
Sure anyone thing i not see for modified number of movies as actor for number of movies in collection in jeff interface.

tks,It is excellent.

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:13 am

flintburt wrote: i not see for modified number of movies as actor for number of movies in collection in jeff interface.
Ok, feature added in coming (soon) JeF's interface v25 (in collection count will follow movies as actor count and will be between brackets). ;)